HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Rules
     Getting Started
     Announcements
     Roleplay Characters
     Advertise

Common Room
     Dining Chamber
     Basement
     Inside the Palace
     Grounds

To/from Palace
     Diagon Alley
     Villeneuve
     Other

Members Lounge
     Contests
     Art & Writings

The current year is 2012.

It's currently winter.
The high is 43°F (6°C), with strong winds.
RPG-Directory

Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. Empty
PostSubject: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Leala had just arrived at Beauxbatons for her first year. She was very excited. However, classes hadn't started yet, and she had nothing to do, so she walked outside to the lake she had seen when she had first arrived. "Wow!" She exclaimed. It looked gorgeous. The water was clean and clear, the light shimmered on top. Leala walked over to a willow tree by the edge of the lake and sat down at the base of it's trunk. "I heereby dub thee, my tree!" She whispered softly, giggling. She sighed and looked out over the glistening lake, feeling calm and at peace with the world.
Back to top Go down
Lumière Baskerville

Lumière Baskerville

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:18 pm

She was resting against a tree, her dark locks gracefully falling onto green grass. With a hand caressing the small mass of white fur resting between the V that her thighs and torso formed, she managed to read the last few lines of the letter she was holding with her other hand.

A cool breeze passed by, colliding against the bare skin of her arms and legs. She shivered. It wasn’t very cold, but it was cold enough for her summer dress to be deemed useless as protection. It was about time to go back in.

While she readied herself to stand up, her gaze was averted to an unknown figure nearby. It looked like a girl and, was that black? Probably a housemate. She considered the possibility of joining said kid for a moment, before brushing it off with a tired sigh. Maybe next time...

Yeah, maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:31 am

Victorae entered the place where you could explore. There was a breeze as the air went flying past, and the running water in the lake ran down the grounds of Beauxbatons. The air pushed her hair backwards, and she watched as the amazing sight stood in front of her. She never wanted to turn away. The sight was awesome, and she'd use her favourite word to describe it - ace. Her hair blew more and she watched more. It was beautiful.

Last edited by Victorae Sampson on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gisèle de Valois

Gisèle de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 am

Gisele had heard of the beautiful grounds at Beauxbatons. The crystal clear lake and well kept greenery was one of the reasons she chose to come here instead of cold unforgiving Durmstrang like her brothers. The sun was shining and for a moment it seemed like all was right in the world. Even the birds and squirrels chirped and chattered in agreement. The well-worn book in her hand was just begging to be read. She complied with the silent request and looked for a nice shady spot to sit down.

Just as the brunette was about to sit the breeze blew her floral sun dress out of place as she walked beside the lake. When she leaned down to fix it, she tripped on the root of a nearby tree. "Ouch," she mumbled to herself, rubbing her hands together to get the dirt off. Well there goes my perfect moment, she thought, smoothing her long auburn waves. It wasn't the best way to start the year, but at least it was memorable.
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Victorae looked at Giséle, and saw her trip. Vicky hurriedly ran over and helped her out "Are you OK?" she asked. "I know, there's loads of tree roots here." She smiled at Giséle. "Your OK; and by the way, I'm Victorae. Vicky to my friends." She smiled. "How about you? Do you have a nickname, like Gis or something?" She shifted around, waiting for an answer.

Last edited by Victorae Sampson on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gisèle de Valois

Gisèle de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:20 am

The tall brunette was mentally cursing the tall trees and trying to glare them to death. It was almost as if they were mocking her with their perfect stillness. The birds were still chirping and the sun was still shining. Everything was the same except for the fact that they were all spinning. When Gisèle's vision cleared and the world stopped spinning she saw a concerned looking girl walking toward her.

"I'm fine, it happens all the time. Thanks for asking though. Geez these trees have abnormally large roots!" said Gisèle while dusting herself off and trying to regain her composure. She picked up her book and belongings before turning back to face Victorae. "I'm Gisèle, some people prefer to call me Gigi. Nice to meet you Vicky." She smiled back and extended her hand for the other girl to shake.
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:06 am

Vicky shook Gis's hand and said, "OK. Well, at least I helped someone in my favourite house - Mauplume. I'm in Belangér, but I hoped to be in Mauplume or Delashmit. No way in Grodeffroy, I don't deserve to be in that house - I'm more of an artistic Delashmit than a calming Belangér, but I don't really care. I didn't have much of a preference." She smiled at Giséle and guessed they'd be friends.

Last edited by Victorae Sampson on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gisèle de Valois

Gisèle de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:12 pm

"The arrows had to have some reason for sorting you into Belangér. Give it some time and maybe you'll find that you were sorted into the right house after all? Honestly, I had no idea which house I was going to be in when I was sorted. Coming to Beauxbatons was a bit of a sudden decision for me." Gisèle said, "Growing up, I always thought I would go to Durmstrang." There was a slightly glazed look in her eyes as she remembered how her father all but forbade her to attend any school that was not Durmstrang. "This was one of the only places where I could simply be myself." She shifted her feet to get in a more comfortable position. "What made you decide to attend Beauxbatons Vicky?"
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Vicky nodded slowly as Giséle said about some way of being in Belangér. Then she jumped at the question she asked. "Well, I'm very much French, and Hogwarts is English, Northern Lights is in Canada. So my only good option was Beauxbatons." She smiled and continued walking with Giséle. "And it's cool. I really love the view - the lake, the beautiful flowers, crops and trees - the perfect place to live during school terms." She hoped to use more adjectives to be poetic, but she just wanted to say what she wanted to say.
Back to top Go down
Gisèle de Valois

Gisèle de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:29 am

"It probably should have been an easy decision for me too, but my father's side has some history at Durmstrang. My grandpere was adamant about sending him up north because he considered Beauxbatons too much of a 'girl school'. My grandmere approved because she's Austrian and wanted dad to learn some German or Swedish while he was up north." Giselle said, making air quotes with her fingers at the words girl school. "After dad went to Durmstrang, it kinda started some sort of a tradition in my family. But that's enough about me, do you have any hobbies?"

The smile on her face never faltered. She never had many acquaintances that were particularly close because of her unusual height and bookish personality but here she was walking beside the sparkling lake chatting casually with someone she hoped was a new friend. Beauxbatons was slowly helping her grow out of her awkward shell.
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Victorae jumped when Gigi suddenly asked her a question. "Oh yes, I have lots of hobbies. Learning, casting spells - well, it's been my hobby ever since I've owned a wand - I love all sorts of Muggle hobbies seeing as I'm a Muggle-born." She had been listening to Gigi and thought she was quite fun to have around. "Yeah, Beauxbatons is quite a girl school - but that doesn't mean boys can't attend either." She looked down at the ground to avoid tripping over any roots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:51 am

Leala suddenly noticed that there were more people around the lake. She looked at the closest two. They looked alright, and she knew that she had to make friends somehow. She walked up to the two talking girls. "Hi." She said shyly, smiling at them. "Um... I'm Leala. I'm new here." She said. "Do you know of anything to do other than just sitting here?" She asked hesitantly, smiling at the girls. She didn't really want to ask them their names. She always found that so awkward.
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:51 am

Vicky noticed another girl coming towards her. "Oh, hello Leala." She nodded as Leala asked her something. "Well, meeting friends is cool, so I guess standing around talking will help make friends before term starts." She extended her hand for Leala to shake. "I'm Vicky, or Victorae. Either, it depends on how much you like me. Vicky to friends, Victorae to acquaintances, strangers and enemies."
Back to top Go down
Gisèle de Valois

Gisèle de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Gisèle saw another girl coming towards them. She stopped and waited as the new girl introduced herself. "Hi Leala, I'm Gisèle. So far we've just been walking around and exploring a little." she said, glad to meet more new people. "What house are you in? I'm in Mauplume." Leala seemed a little shy and hesitant, reminding Gisèle of herself.
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:40 am

Part of Vicky felt pleased that Leala had come along to introduce herself, but the other was irritated that she'd interrupted Vicky and Giséle's conversation. Never mind. They could be a threesome, Vicky and Giséle and Leala. She'd made some new friends before even the start of term. "So, do you want to all be friends? We can form some kind of group." The exact thing Vicky was thinking came out as words. But she soon realized that they hardly knew Leala, so for now it was these two - new friends, Vickyt & Gigi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:35 pm

A young teenage boy walked to the egde of the diamond lake and stared out across the crystal blue water. This was the young boys first time away from home along and it was a new experience for him but he knew that being a first year at Beauxbatons was going to be hard but an interesting and fun experience. He took out his new wand which his father made for him and smiled. He couldnt wait to finally use it and become as good a magic user as his mother and father
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 am

Turning towards the boy who entered the grounds, Vicky supposed she'd have to be nice so she smiled kindly and asked, "Bonjour! Souhaitez-vous joindre à nous?" in a cheery voice that was part convincing. The threesome (Vicky, Giséle and Leala) sat on the grass with their bags swung over their shoulders. Exploring Beauxbatons had been a huge advantage to meet friends!

(What she said meant 'Hello! Would you like to join us?')
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:48 am

The young boy looked at the girl and smiled. His smile was a beautiful, the smile of someone who has had a good, happy life. His purple hair was brighter in the reflection of the diamond lake. "Hello, my name Adoré, it is nice to finally talk to someone." He spoke in french and his voice was calm and clear. He wore the strangest robes in all different colours.

(Sorry dont speak French)
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:24 am

Vicky smiled. "Nice to meet you Adoré. I'm Victorae." She smiled then sat up from her spot. Speaking in French she added, "I got loads of grass stains on me!" She sighed and then wiped the bits of grass from her special French skirt her mother had bought. Vicky preferred English skirts and the materials English designers used, but she couldn't complain in front of her mum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:45 pm

He saw the grass stains and grinned trying not to laugh. He though it was funny but he remembered how mad his mother would get if she saw stains on the clothes she made for him but she would always make the clothes as good as new in no time at all. He took out his new wand and pointed it to the girls skirt where the grass stains were. "Tergeo". As he said that the stains on her skirt vanished like they were never there and not a single sign that there were stains there at all. "My mother taught me that spell because she got so mad everytime I would come home covered in grass stains and other stains which I will not mention". He laughed and put his want back into a little holder up his sleeve
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:34 am

Vicky gasped as the boy did some magic on her skirt to remove the grass stains, and she smiled. She spoke calmly in French, although she knew English but just preferred not to speak in that language. "Thanks. That was...nice." She smiled at her clean skirt, then looked at the boy again. "I'm Vicky," she continued, in a sweet French voice, the voice she used for choir singing. She liked singing and her mother often described her singing 'angelic'. "That's a cool spell. I should learn spells more often! I wish my mum was a witch...and my dad too..." Oh, that sounded like her dad was a witch, but oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:29 pm

He smiled at how shocked she looked. He only spoke French but he didnt have a very strong accent. He knew a few spells but couldn't wait to learn some Defence Against the Dark Arts spells but more then anything he wanted to learn some healing spells because he would love to be a healer at the local hospital but his big dream was to be a healer at St Mungo Hosptial for Magical Maladies and Injuries in London. "My whole family have been magic users for centuries so I have grown up with my parents and grandparents using magic around me and I was taught a few spells from my family."
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:05 am

Victorae shrugged. "My family were all Muggles up until now. I guess I'm the most important member of the family." She didn't want to boast, but that part was true - being the only witch in the family had its additional perks. She sat on a nearby bench to avoid getting stains again. She didn't want to seem rude to the boy by asking for the spell to be cast again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:00 pm

He smiled and stood at the edge of the diamond lake looking out over the crystal blue water. "So this is your first time being at a magical school, you will find that it is alot different from muggle schools. I have been to Beauxbatons many times before, my cousin was the seeker for Delashmit so I have been here watching a few of the matches, I am not the biggest quidditch fan but I came along for the fun" He smiled to her remembering sitting on his dads shoulders so he could see the game more clearly when he was very young.

(PS Evanna lynch goes to my friends school)
Back to top Go down
Victorae Sampson

Victorae Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Vicky nodded. "I think I've noticed that," she said. "I went to a Muggle primary school before I was ten and it was certainly...different." She smiled. "I guess that they were right to sort me into Belangér...now I just have to try and figure out a way to get house points without humiliating myself." She sighed, then decided she wasn't going to cry in front of everyone.

(Cool she plays Luna Lovegood xD it might be another Evanna Lynch)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.   Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake. Empty

Back to top Go down

Exploring Beauxbatons and the Diamond Lake.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next